[mythtv-users] OSD settings - *someone* must know this...?

Robert Longbottom RobertCL at iname.com
Mon Feb 12 20:57:46 UTC 2007

Dave M G wrote:
> MythTV Users,
>
> When I'm browsing channels, the OSD shows me information from the
> programme guide about the channels that I'm browsing through.
>
> When I actually change to a channel, the OSD shows me something else.
> What, I'm not sure, but the information is garbled because of some font
> setting I can't find.

If you are using DVB then this is probably the tuning info.  It gives
you info on signal strength, etc for the channel myth is trying to tune to.

> I've asked around on this list and looked on the net, but it seems that
> no one seems to know where this other, non-programme guide information,
> comes from or how it's set.
>
> All I'd really like is for the OSD to continue to show the same
> programme guide information that it was showing before I changed the
> channels.
>
> I've tried changing my OSD theme, looking in the database, and checking
> every TV related font setting I could find. But nothing so far has been
> successful in getting control of this.
>
> Surely someone knows what is going on here, why and how the OSD display
> information is changing, and how to control it?

I'm guessing you've tried Utils/Setup -> Setup -> TV Settings ->
Playback -> On-screen display (Next,next,next...9th Screen) and the font
settings on there.  They look like the most likely candidates to me.  In
fact after a quick test, that definitely changes the OSD font on my
setup.  I'm using the MythCenter-wide theme if that matters, and I have
two choices of font : FreeMono.ttf and FreeSans.ttf

Robert.