[mythtv-users] OSD settings - *someone* must know this...?

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Wed Feb 14 05:03:18 UTC 2007

Robert,

Thank you for responding!
> I'm guessing you've tried Utils/Setup -> Setup -> TV Settings ->
> Playback -> On-screen display (Next,next,next...9th Screen) and the font
> settings on there.

Yes, I've looked at that, and changing the font settings there was what
enabled me to be able to correctly view the OSD information that comes
on *before* I change the channel.

The fact that the information that displays *after* I change a channel
is still coming out garbled indicates to me that it's not being stored
or generated in correct utf-8 format (which is encoding my font requires).

Does anyone know where this signal strength information is stored or
generated? Can I adjust its encoding?

In any case, I really don't need or want signal strength information.
I'd much prefer to see the same
programme guide information that I see *before * change channel anyway.
(I must admit I'm a little puzzled that signal strength information was
ever considered important enough to make this the default behaviour.
I've never needed to know signal strength when watching a television
program...)

Does anyone know if there is a way to enforce the programme guide info
to display both before and after changing channels?

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft