[mythtv-users] OSD settings - *someone* must know this...?

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Mon Feb 12 00:02:55 UTC 2007

MythTV Users,

When I'm browsing channels, the OSD shows me information from the
programme guide about the channels that I'm browsing through.

When I actually change to a channel, the OSD shows me something else.
What, I'm not sure, but the information is garbled because of some font
setting I can't find.

I've asked around on this list and looked on the net, but it seems that
no one seems to know where this other, non-programme guide information,
comes from or how it's set.

All I'd really like is for the OSD to continue to show the same
programme guide information that it was showing before I changed the
channels.

I've tried changing my OSD theme, looking in the database, and checking
every TV related font setting I could find. But nothing so far has been
successful in getting control of this.

Surely someone knows what is going on here, why and how the OSD display
information is changing, and how to control it?

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft