[mythtv-users] Mythtv on CentOS5 with PVR-350?

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Mon Dec 31 12:01:42 UTC 2007

Axel Thimm writes:

> And on 2.6.23.* having a PVR-350 run is a nightmare, as the fb kernel
> module is *not* partz of the kernel and one needs to find properly
> synced kernel ivtv sources and out-of-kernel ivtvfb sources to make
> that play well.

That's actually the easiest part. It's all there, ready to grab from
ivtvdriver.org.

> happening underneath the hood. I would get on the ivtv lists and check
> on the ivtv wiki on how to do the diagnosis and see whether the ivtv
> or the ivtvfb module are creating this. Or maybe some other module
> altogether like nvidia, e.g. try to run this w/o the nvidia module if
> you were using that until now.

It's not nvidia. I don't use it, and I still get occasional kernel crashes
in 2.6.23. Happens much less than it used to happen, after I updated to the
latest ivtvfb module, and what's left of the standalone ivtv tarball for
2.6.23, but it still happens.