[mythtv-users] Can't find all of my digital cable channels

Willy Boyd willyboyd at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 18:53:45 UTC 2007

On Dec 28, 2007 8:04 AM, Thomas Carroll <tcarroll at ursinus.edu> wrote:

> I set up my card as DVB and scan QAM-256.  I get many channels, but not
> nearly all of them.  For example, I can find the history channel, espn
> classic, and discovery health, but NOT comedy central, espn, and
> discovery.  I get locks on some channels but then get a "no tables"
> error.

It may very well be that just those channels aren't available
unencrypted over QAM.  I have Comcast in Houston and I happen to get
most all of the digital channels (all that I care about anyway,
including the ones you mentioned).  You might also try QAM-64 and the
"Cable" freq table (not just Cable High for instance).

You will also likely get A LOT of untunable channels, for some reason,
as I think you've found.  Just set aside an afternoon to try each and
every one if you haven't already.