[mythtv-users] Can't find all of my digital cable channels

Thomas Carroll tcarroll at ursinus.edu
Fri Dec 28 14:04:48 UTC 2007

Hi,
  I've just recently set up my first MythTV box, using Mythbuntu.  The
hardware seems to be working great so far:
Athlon 64X2 4000
2GB Ram
pcHDTV-5500 tuner

When I scan for channels in the MythTV setup, I don't get all of my
digital channels.  I've got Comcast digital cable in the Philadelphia
area (Malvern) and a membership to Schedules Direct with the right
channel line-up.

I set up my card as DVB and scan QAM-256.  I get many channels, but not
nearly all of them.  For example, I can find the history channel, espn
classic, and discovery health, but NOT comedy central, espn, and
discovery.  I get locks on some channels but then get a "no tables"
error.

I'm about to try the old manual adding of channels that I found on the
mythtv wiki at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Adding_QAM_Channels_For_HDTV_Tuner_Cards.

However, it looks slow and painful (and isn't guaranteed to produce
better results), so I'm hoping that someone has some advice.

Thanks for your help!

-tom