[mythtv-users] NVIDIA 8774 freeze CRM:00030017

Patrick Ouellette pat at flying-gecko.net
Fri Sep 29 13:53:22 UTC 2006

On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 11:35:20PM +1000, Lachlan McIntosh wrote:

> I have an Nvidia Fx6600 and have been experiencing hard lockups of late.
>
> I have version 8774 of the NVIDIA driver installed.  Does anyone else
> have this working?
>
> Does anyone know what the latest recommended version is?

8774 works for me as long as I don't enable XvMC or expect the menu to
return on exiting live tv.  I have an nForce4 motherboard.

Latest driver from nVidia is beta 9625.  It has some potential issues,
so check out the nvnews forum before you upgrade.

Patrick Ouellette                 pat at flying-gecko.net
kb8pym at arrl.net                   Amateur Radio: KB8PYM
Living life to a Jimmy Buffett soundtrack
"Crank the amp to 11, this needs more cowbell - and a llama wouldn't hurt either"