[mythtv-users] New Motherboard, any thoughts

Drew Bernat abernat at zathras.net
Fri Sep 8 17:32:48 UTC 2006

On Sep 8, 2006, at 12:18 PM, Richard Krehbiel wrote:

> FYI,  I am building my first MythTV system and have ordered the
> following parts from NewEgg.com:
>
> Athlon 64 X2 4200+ 2.2GHz AM2
> MSI K9NGM2-FID AM2 nVidia 6150/nForce 430 MicroATX
> 1GB (2x512MB) Geil DDR2-800
>
> I'm scavenging the rest from leftover parts (case, power supply, hard
> drives, DVD burner, memory card reader, IR receiver).  I'll be hooking
> the DVI connector to my Westinghouse 42" 1080p LCD.  Yes, I expect to
> see really good High Def from this setup.

I love this board. I've got the 939 version running my dedicated
frontend (hardware died, needed replacing, _2 weeks_ from AM2 launch.
Oy.).  The TV out is good quality and easy to set up. Actually, my
frontend has nothing other than CPU/memory/mobo/DVD, although it's
running diskless off a backend. But no extra video card or sound card.

Drew

--
Drew Bernat
abernat at zathras.net
"Gentlemen, the stegosaur. Discuss" -- Axe Koala, 8-bit Theater