[mythtv-users] New Motherboard, any thoughts

Richard Krehbiel richard.krehbiel at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 17:18:03 UTC 2006

On 9/8/06, Chad <masterclc at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/8/06, John Pierce <john.j35 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello, I have MythTV 0.19 running OpenSuSE 10.1, which is sitting on
> > an AMD Athlon XP 1800 and an old Biostar motherboard with the VIA
> > chipset and a HopHog PVR 500MCE.  I have been bitten by the via
> > chipset problem of have the system reboot spontaneously for sometime.
> > I have under clocked this machine to the bare minimum and still random
> > reboots ranging from 5 to 30 minutes of live tv, and forget live tv
> > and record from the second tuner.
> >
> > So, I am going to buy a new mother board and I have a couple of models
> > in mind, I was hoping that someone could give me some thoughts on
> > them.
> >
> > First choice
> > [...]

FYI,  I am building my first MythTV system and have ordered the
following parts from NewEgg.com:

Athlon 64 X2 4200+ 2.2GHz AM2
MSI K9NGM2-FID AM2 nVidia 6150/nForce 430 MicroATX
1GB (2x512MB) Geil DDR2-800

I'm scavenging the rest from leftover parts (case, power supply, hard
drives, DVD burner, memory card reader, IR receiver).  I'll be hooking
the DVI connector to my Westinghouse 42" 1080p LCD.  Yes, I expect to
see really good High Def from this setup.