[mythtv-users] Buffalo Picture Mate PC-STB1 - lirc? usb?

David Bennett davidbennett1979 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 07:01:33 UTC 2006

I have subscribed to the ondemandtv service here in Japan. I am not
sure how it works, but it requires that my router have an IPV6
passthru. I am hoping that means more to you than it does to me.

At any rate, I have a neat little box called a PC-STB1 (Picture Mate)
by Buffalo. It has a Buffalo Remote Control and a little usb port on
the front.

Either using an IR blaster w/LIRC, or a USB cable, is there anyway I
can hook this up to MythTV? Currently it uses component cables to go
into my TV (and a network connection plus into its back.)

Any information (at all!) would be great.
If you don't have any specific experience with this model, perhaps
someone can explain how I can go about figuring out the remote control
codes, or figuring out the USB port on the front.

Thanks in advance.
David