[mythtv-users] an easy one: how to set the default input (encoder) for live tv

David Bennett davidbennett1979 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 06:58:17 UTC 2006

On 11/30/06, Bruce Markey <bjm at lvcm.com> wrote:
> First, I don't do private off-line support.

Sorry about that.

> I don't see how, "input" and "priority" or "priority" and
> "input".

As I said, I don't have the box in front of me so I was working off of
memory. I am not even sure what is written on the menus, hence the
confusion between input-tuner, and priority-schedule.

> > So recording is perfect. Thank you.

> No. It's not. You have a silly mess right now that isn't
> going to be what you want.

Once again, my mistake. My recordings seem to work fine right now. I
will keep your advice in mind and watch out for some mistakes.

> See what above? Stop clinging to 'I was confused', read
> it and move on...

My last message was an attempt to clarify this.
Perhaps someone (with a little more patience?) could help me out on this point:

So regardless of the "priorities" I chose from (MythWEB) [which I did
in my case, or perhaps it is in mythtvsetup?], if

a) Avoid Conflicts b/w live TV and SS is OFF: The lowest (Tuner 0)
card is chosen.
b) Avoid Conflicts b/w live TV and SS is ON: The highest (Tuner 3)
card is chosen.

Is this correct?

> Now if clarity is what you want, why would you drag mythweb
> into the mix?

MythWEB was what I used to set the priorities, so I thought this may
have been important.
It seems I was wrong.

> Renumber your card and get on with your life.
> I'm done with it. Renumber your cards.

Bruce, thank you kindly for replying to my original request for help.
I am sorry if my replies were a little hard to follow. I do however
think that you could have either helped me out or stopped replying at
that point.

It was probably not necessary to re-post clippings from my reply to
the list, inform me that you don't do private support, and then
complain that I was unable to follow your instructions.

I am very sorry for bothering you with my questions.
And apologies to the list for having to pick through this.

Sincerely,
David