[mythtv-users] Enabling XvMC

Jake Thompson jake at jakethompson.com
Wed Nov 22 23:53:14 UTC 2006

Well, that is what I assumed too, but the CPU usage is higer than if I do
not use it, weird.  However with XvMC I do not get tearing.  I do get
greyscale OSD and I know I cannot fix this because of the newer NVidia cards
not supporting this.  Also, on my old VIA system with XvMC I would get lots
of stutter when I had OSD stuff on the screen.  Also, I was only able to get
it to play smoothly with one specific setup.  With the NVidia, it seems to
be smooth no mater what.

-Jake