[mythtv-users] Record >1 channel per multiplex?

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Tue Nov 21 22:32:54 UTC 2006

This one time, at band camp, Robin Neatherway wrote:

> I don't think that's necessarily the point. A bounty would be more of
> an encouragement to someone else who was interested in the feature to
> have a go at it, and have some money as a bonus on top of the solution
> to the problem. Bounties won't work as payment, it's got to be
> something that someone is interested in doing anyway.

I think, also, you need to look at the nature of programming.  It
wouldn't be worth it for someone who's never looked at the codebase, as
they would have to spend a large amount of time learning the standards
and interfaces.  For someone who knows the code, however, it could be a
pretty quick thing to knock over.

So a bounty might encourage someone who's not particularly interested in
the feature but has the skills to do it.  We'll see.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

In politics the middle way is none at all.

- John Adams