[mythtv-users] VIA EPIA SP 13000 with DVI-D output from DVI-02 daughter card?

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 19:20:34 UTC 2006

> Chad,
>
>  when you say that HD doesn't work in MythTV for the via chipsets, I assume
> you mean recording and playing back an HD stream inside of MythTV. SD stuff
> still works fine? How does it look playing back? I record from a PVR-250 fed
> by my DirecTV receiver (for SD stuff), so my image quality is pretty good.

I just mean displaying HDTV programming.  Recording would be an issue
with another device, such as the device you are considering.  SD stuff
does work fine.  How it looks is really subjective, but I find it
looks fairly decent on 96" at ~6 feet.  Any closer and with SDTV I can
see lines.  But that's at 96"...

> What HD resolutions does the 1.0.7 bios support as output? (My HD capable
> CRT TV only does 720p I think.) If I'm able to record OTA HD stuff using an
> Air2PC card, I wonder if MythTV would still be able to control it for
> scheduling recordings?

The same as the other ones as far as I can tell.  Which basically
means none.  No 1280x720 nor 1920x1080 but it does have some large
resolutions otherwise.  I'll take a look a bit later if you are
interested in a specific res and see if it's there.

Yes, if you get the Air2PC card to work in MythTV (not any issues with
that card in a Via system that I'm aware of) then there shouldn't be
any issues capturing any content.  It's just the HDTV *decoding* that
is currently not working in the MythTV release.  The MythTV-vid branch
is where some of the work is being done to get it working, in
addition, there are some patches and bug reports with patches floating
around that temporarily fix the problem (but actually mask what's
broke instead of fixing the broken pieces).

> So many questions..

Ask away.

> ...Kevin

-Chad

--
Prebuilt HDTV capable systems at reasonable prices:
http://www.pauselivetv.com