[mythtv-users] VIA EPIA SP 13000 with DVI-D output from DVI-02 daughter card?

Kevin Slater kevin.slater at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 13:45:00 UTC 2006

On 11/7/06, Chad <masterclc at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/7/06, Kevin Slater <kevin.slater at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Anyone used this combo? I have the EPIA SP 13000 and am quite happy with
> it.
> > I got an HD recording from a friend that was laid down in 1080p / mpeg-2
> > format. I was able to easily play it back (scaled down to a 800 x 600
> > desktop) using the -V xxmc option to xine. My current plan is to get a
> > DVI-02 daughter card with the updated 1.0.8 bios and drive my Samsung
> CRT
> > HDTV at 1280 x 720. I'd love to hear if someone's already been down this
> > path.
> >
> > ...Kevin

> Yep.  I use the DVI daughter card.  Though, HDTV doesn't work in
> MythTV with the Via-capable chipsets ( but it does in Xine) so at
> least until that gets worked out, no HD...
>
> FYI, you don't need the 1.0.8, the 1.0.7 works fine.
>
> Other than that, I really like the DVI option, using my projector it
> gives a much 'crisper' image.

Chad,

when you say that HD doesn't work in MythTV for the via chipsets, I assume
you mean recording and playing back an HD stream inside of MythTV. SD stuff
still works fine? How does it look playing back? I record from a PVR-250 fed
by my DirecTV receiver (for SD stuff), so my image quality is pretty good.

What HD resolutions does the 1.0.7 bios support as output? (My HD capable
CRT TV only does 720p I think.) If I'm able to record OTA HD stuff using an
Air2PC card, I wonder if MythTV would still be able to control it for
scheduling recordings?

So many questions..

...Kevin