[mythtv-users] VIA EPIA SP 13000 with DVI-D output from DVI-02 daughter card?

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 21:13:29 UTC 2006

On 11/7/06, Kevin Slater <kevin.slater at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone used this combo? I have the EPIA SP 13000 and am quite happy with it.
> I got an HD recording from a friend that was laid down in 1080p / mpeg-2
> format. I was able to easily play it back (scaled down to a 800 x 600
> desktop) using the -V xxmc option to xine. My current plan is to get a
> DVI-02 daughter card with the updated 1.0.8 bios and drive my Samsung CRT
> HDTV at 1280 x 720. I'd love to hear if someone's already been down this
> path.
>
> ...Kevin

Yep.  I use the DVI daughter card.  Though, HDTV doesn't work in
MythTV with the Via-capable chipsets ( but it does in Xine) so at
least until that gets worked out, no HD...

FYI, you don't need the 1.0.8, the 1.0.7 works fine.

Other than that, I really like the DVI option, using my projector it
gives a much 'crisper' image.

-Chad