[mythtv-users] remote frontends and nfs

jack snodgrass mrlinuxgroups at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 14:27:37 UTC 2006

On 11/8/06, Brett Kosinski <fancypantalons at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I made sure my nfs server was running in async mode and everything is
> gigabit full duplex checked with ethtools. Any ideas or how does everyone
> else connect their frontend only machines to the backend server? Everything
> works great on the combo backend/frontend.
>
> Yeah, I switched to NFS on my frontend (inadvertantly, actually), and
> immediately saw these problems.  My solution?  Move the MythTV mountpoint.
> This way, the frontend wouldn't find it and would then stream directly from
> the backend server, instead.  This probably impacts seek responsiveness, but
> at least the video plays back smoothly.
>
> Brett.

I use these options on my NFS mounts.
hard,intr,nfsvers=3,tcp,noatime,nolock,rsize=32768,wsize=32768
my backend NFS mounts the /mnt/store directory off of my NAS box I built
and my frontend NFS mounts the /mnt/store directory off of my NAS box
so I use NFS for both the backend and frontend. I do have a gigabit ( with
jumbo frames ) network setup for my machines.

jack