[mythtv-users] remote frontends and nfs

Brett Kosinski fancypantalons at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 12:59:14 UTC 2006

> I made sure my nfs server was running in async mode and everything is
> gigabit full duplex checked with ethtools. Any ideas or how does everyone
> else connect their frontend only machines to the backend server? Everything
> works great on the combo backend/frontend.

Yeah, I switched to NFS on my frontend (inadvertantly, actually), and
immediately saw these problems.  My solution?  Move the MythTV mountpoint.
This way, the frontend wouldn't find it and would then stream directly from
the backend server, instead.  This probably impacts seek responsiveness, but
at least the video plays back smoothly.

Brett.