[mythtv-users] Firewire Tuner/No channels defined in database

tony_mythtv tony_mythtv at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 7 11:02:31 UTC 2006

I have a fc5 i386 install, fe/be on the same computer,
firewire tuner, and used Jarod's instructions at his
website.  After running mythfilldatabase without
errors, I started the frontend and watched live tv.
My problem is that the tv channel listing from the
program guide does not have information and seg faults
the frontend.

I checked the listings from mythweb and received a "No
channels were detected. Are you sure that MythTV is
properly configured?" error.  I've read where not
having a tuner will exhibit the same symptoms.  I have
setup mythtv boxes before with no problems.  The
difference from this install is the lack of a tv tuner
card.  Any ideas?

Tony