[mythtv-users] upgrading from 0.18 to 0.20[Scanned]

Matt Jarvis matt.jarvis at imagesound.co.uk
Tue Nov 7 11:08:00 UTC 2006

Hi

Hoping someone here can advise me on upgrading from 0.18 to 0.20. Been
using mythtv for about the last 3 1/2 years, but recently have done less
updating on my home system as it all works well and we use it every day.
I have a 600GB raid 5 backend server in my basement with four freeview
receivers in it ( two PCI hauppauge nova-t, one usb2 nova-t and one
usb1.1 nova-t ) and several frontends around the house, some running
minimyth, some wireless and some wired on cat5. As there have been
pretty major changes, particularly in DVB-T which we use exclusively,
I've held off upgrading as everything was working ok. I now find myself
two major versions behind, with a pretty major task to upgrade
everything.

It's now got to the stage I would like to go straight up to 0.20 fixes,
and have it all compiled and ready to roll. Just wanted to know if
anyone using DVB-T in the UK can confirm if it all works ok, and let me
know any issues to watch out for before upgrading. I seem to remember
some discussion about myth protocol versus network mounted filesystems ?
There was also some issues with tuning timing on nova-t's if I remember
correctly, with a configuration setting in the setup screen ?

As I said I haven't been closely following the users list for a while,
so I hope someone can give me some guidance here.

Thanks

Matt

CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCLAIMER NOTICE
This e-mail is intended only for the addressee named above and the
Contents should not be disclosed to any other person nor copies taken. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the sender and do not necessarily represent those of Imagesound PLC unless otherwise specifically stated.

As internet communications are not secure we do not accept legal
responsibility for the contents of this message nor responsibility for any change made to this message after it was sent by the original sender. We advise you to carry out your own virus check before opening any attachment as we cannot accept liability for any damage sustained as a result of any software viruses.