[mythtv-users] Australian Foxtel Upgrade

Rod Rod at Rods.id.au
Fri May 26 04:15:55 UTC 2006

Nick Tan wrote:

>>Have any other Aussie out there gone a change from analog to digital
>>Foxtel with a setup similar to mine? I’d appreciate your experiences if
>>you can spare the time.
>>

>>At the very least I’m thinking that I’ll need a new lirc config file for
>>codes that the digital box will accept.
>>

>>Given that the analog system has different channel numbers than digital
>>(digital being three numbers as opposed to one or two digits on analog)
>>I guess that I’ll have to make some database changes as well.
>>

>>Any thoughts?
>>

>Hi Marty,
>
>I'm actually going through this tomorrow.  I'm upgrading my Optus
>analogue to Optus Digital (the digital entertainment package is actually
>cheaper than my analogue base package - I guess they want people to
>switch over).
>
>I'll reply to this thread again after I've  got it all set up and let
>you know what I had to do.
>
>Nick

    Hi.

    I haven't got myth running with cable, I'm just peeved that they
advertise that some channels have surround, but they don't state that
those channels are the pay-per-view channels, they don't have an
"agreement" with the FTA networks to transport surround on the cable,
just 2 channel stereo.