[mythtv-users] Australian Foxtel Upgrade

Nick Tan nick at wehi.EDU.AU
Fri May 26 04:00:48 UTC 2006

> Have any other Aussie out there gone a change from analog to digital
> Foxtel with a setup similar to mine? I’d appreciate your experiences if
> you can spare the time.
>

> At the very least I’m thinking that I’ll need a new lirc config file for
> codes that the digital box will accept.
>

> Given that the analog system has different channel numbers than digital
> (digital being three numbers as opposed to one or two digits on analog)
> I guess that I’ll have to make some database changes as well.
>

> Any thoughts?

Hi Marty,

I'm actually going through this tomorrow.  I'm upgrading my Optus
analogue to Optus Digital (the digital entertainment package is actually
cheaper than my analogue base package - I guess they want people to
switch over).

I'll reply to this thread again after I've  got it all set up and let
you know what I had to do.

Nick