[mythtv-users] Australian Foxtel Upgrade

Nick Tan nick at wehi.EDU.AU
Sat May 27 12:57:50 UTC 2006

Hi again,

I've done the upgrade from Optus Analog to Optus (Foxtel) digital.  I'm
running FC3 with 0.19 and a PVR-150MCE and a K-World DVB-T card.

I use a serial IR transmitter to control the cable box, as well as a
serial IR receiver to control Myth.

This is what I had to do when changing from analog cable to digital:

The analog was coming in via the tuner on the PVR-150 card, but with the
digital I'm using the composite input so first I had to change the input
in mythtv-setup.

I had to use the lircd.conf file for the foxtel remote which was posted
on the list a while ago (its in the archives) as I couldn't get irrecord
to record the button presses on the remote.

I created a spreadsheet which listed all the channels, with the channel
numbers and the xmltv ID's I use.  I updated the channel information for
the existing channels (basically just put in the new channel numbers),
and added the new channels.

Next, I updated my tv_grab_au_tuhs script (I use the listings from
tvguide.org.au) and got listings for the new channels.

Once that was all done I could watch Live TV and record, but whenever I
changed channels the audio would get scratchy.  If I used ivtvctl to set
the audio input to input1, it would fix the problem.  So I modified my
changechannel script to do that.

Now I just need to figure out a good way to handle the Foxtel Box Office
stuff...

Hope this helps.

Nick