[mythtv-users] zap2it and qam

Steven Ihde steve at x2.hamachi.us
Wed May 3 19:55:28 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 03 May 2006 12:26, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-05-03 at 09:48 -0700, Steven Ihde wrote:
> > or only a Myth scan?  Myth scans don't work at all for me because Comcast
> > QAM scan produces no channels.  I also noticed that Import Channels.conf
> > has been disabled in SVN head -- I reenabled it but I'm a little
> > concerned that those in my situation are not going to be able to get this
> > to work at all.
>
> The import was disabled to find people like you. Please checkout,
> compile and install the latest SVN, and create a log of the failing
> scan using "mythtv-setup -v siparser,record,channel"

Thanks for responding.  I'll give it a try.

> Then create a ticket in trac with an explanation of the problem,
> and attach the log and your channels.conf. Please also report
> the signal timeout and channel timeout you are using (look in the
> card setup, Recording Options), and report what values you have
> tried for these two timeouts.

BTW, I hadn't thought this had anything to do with timeouts -- I had thought
most major cable providers in the USA (Comcast in many markets, anyway)
simply strip out or don't transmit the PSIP data (not sure if that's the
right term) that Myth is looking for and there was no hope for us.  Other
than a simple PAT/PMT-based scan like "atscscan" uses.

Thanks again, I'll try what you suggest.

-Steve