[mythtv-users] Shows are not getting recorded, but myth doesn't know

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Mar 30 06:03:23 UTC 2006

On 03/29/2006 05:57 AM, Craig Hagerman wrote:

> On 3/29/06, *Paul Harvey* <paul.l.harvey at gmail.com
> <mailto:paul.l.harvey at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     Check your paths in MythTV to where your recordings are kept...
>
>     note the two // together in the path to the file it is trying to open.
>     Might be causing some problems.
>

> Yeah. I wondered about that. I went back into mythtv-setup to check
> things out. For recording directory I have written:
>
> /home/mythtv/TV/
>
> I took out the trailing slash and maybe / hopefully, that will solve
> the problem. If so I would think it is a bug that the script doesn't
> check for a trailing slash before adding another. Oh well, I just hope
> it works now.

Actually, any respectable *nix system has been able to handle paths with
multiple directory separators for many, many, many, many years now.  If
your backend were on some other OS, I wouldn't be surprised to see
issues from it, but Myth's backend won't work on that OS, so that's not
the issue...  :)

Mike