[mythtv-users] mythtv/ivtv on FC5

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Mar 28 09:42:21 UTC 2006

On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 09:44:54AM +0100, Neil Bird wrote:
> Around about 28/03/06 09:34, Neil Bird typed ...
> >    Any thoughts as to how I might be able to get back to where I was, with an
> > at least partially working Nova-T?  Was it the jump from ivtv 0.4.2 to 0.4.4
> > that did it?  Although I'm not sure how since the kmdl appears to be the same.
>
>    Second guessing, and looking at may latest errors referencing video_buf, I
> think I should be OK for now just removing the video4linux kmdl.

Make sure you also rmmod the modules (or reboot).

>    Am I right in thinking I'll have to wait for FC5 to be Myth-ready, as only
> it'll have the necessary 2.6.16 kernel required by ivtv 0.6 required to work
> with v4l?

No, you can use ivtv and strip the supporting modules. You may loose
support for samsung tuners in some ivtv devices, but if you don't have
any then you're OK.

And for FC5 there is no clash, as ivtv doesn't need any supporting
modules.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net