[mythtv-users] Backend/Frontend Suddenly Only Run As Root

A Thomson alunt2003 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 25 16:20:07 UTC 2006

Yesterday i re-compiled my kernel (same kernel) to include nfs server
support so i could export my videos directory to my frontend boxes.
I rebooted into my new kernel and everything was well except for some
reason i can no longer run the myth backend or frontends as user.Only as
root.
I did setup a new user in phpmyadmin (on the backend) for the frontend
on my kids box as well.And i could connect their frontend fine until i
rebooted the backend.
Maybe i duffed the permissions in mysql?
What privileges do the frontends need to connect to the database?
I have them set like this:
mythtv 	kids 	Yes 	ALL PRIVILEGES 	Yes 	Edit Privileges
<http://localhost/phpmyadmin/server_privileges.php?lang=en-iso-8859-1&server=1&username=mythtv&hostname=kids>

(user,host,password,global privileges,grant)

I also wonder if its a permissions issue.I wonder if i've updated udev
without knowing it.
What permissions should a user have in /dev/v4l

Gentoo Linux kernel 2.6.11-gentoo-r8
Mysql        4.0.24-r1
Mythtv      0.19_p9163-r1 (On frontends too)

Can anyone help?

Thanks Alun.