[mythtv-users] bttv video capture card not recognized durint mythtv-setup

Ákos Maróy darkeye at tyrell.hu
Sat Mar 25 16:27:05 UTC 2006

Hi,

I just installed mythtv, and I was trying to run mythtv-setup, where I
bumped into the problem, that mythtv doesn't recognize my video capture
card.

What happens is that when I go to the capture cards section, I can try
to add a new card - but after making all the selections, no new card is
added, and the list of capture cards remains empty.

I have an AverMedia TVCapture98 card, which works fine with xawtv, for
example.

additional info:

# lspci | grep Multimedia
00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation 82801EB/ER
(ICH5/ICH5R) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 02)
02:0b.0 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies Inc. ICE1712
[Envy24] PCI Multi-Channel I/O Controller (rev 02)
02:0d.0 Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Video
Capture (rev 02)
02:0d.1 Multimedia controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Audio Capture
(rev 02)
# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
lirc_gpio               9520  1
lirc_dev               13572  1 lirc_gpio
tuner                  43556  0
tvaudio                22940  0
bttv                  160848  2 lirc_gpio
video_buf              18180  1 bttv
firmware_class          9088  1 bttv
i2c_algo_bit            9480  1 bttv
v4l2_common             5760  1 bttv
btcx_risc               5000  1 bttv
tveeprom               14736  1 bttv
i2c_core               18304  5 tuner,tvaudio,bttv,i2c_algo_bit,tveeprom
videodev                8320  2 bttv
nvidia               4085936  18
snd_intel8x0           30108  2
snd_ac97_codec         91552  1 snd_intel8x0
snd_ac97_bus            2944  1 snd_ac97_codec

I'm trying all this with mythtv 0.18.1, on Gentoo Linux.

Akos