[mythtv-users] Enhancement idea: Warning in OSD whendiskis g etting full

Robert Tsai rtsai1111 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 21 13:17:51 UTC 2006

On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 08:25:40PM -0700, Mike Grusin wrote:
> Along these lines, I was recently wondering if it were
> possible/practical to add a frontend page which lists only the
> programs which will autoexpire, soonest on top, with (using the same
> mechanism that Guy mentions), a predicted time of deletion ("in six
> hours" etc.).
>
> I know that you can check the free disk space in system status, the
> upcoming recordings, and the bottom of the All Programs view to get
> a rough idea of when things will be leaving, but a predicted
> time-to-live would be a nice feature.

In the "Information Center" you can see a list of the programs to be
autoexpired, in the order they will be autoexpired.

It does not provide a predicted TTL. (How can you reasonably predict
something like this when any number of non-Myth things could be taking
up disk space in the same partition?)

--Rob