[mythtv-users] Enhancement idea: Warning in OSDwhendiskis g etting full

Mike Grusin mgrusin at comcast.net
Tue Mar 21 21:42:26 UTC 2006

> In the "Information Center" you can see a list of the programs to be
> autoexpired, in the order they will be autoexpired.

Is this in 0.19?  I don't see it on 0.18, though I recall there is a
command-line option to list that info.

> It does not provide a predicted TTL. (How can you reasonably predict
> something like this when any number of non-Myth things could be taking
> up disk space in the same partition?)

I recognize that it won't be highly accurate since a lot of approximations
will be involved (things like the transcoding schedule make this a
nontrivial problem), but I don't think it needs to be highly accurate to be
useful.  I do doubt that most people are passing gigabytes of other data in
and out of their Myth recording partitions though (even if they were it
would likely need to run periodically anyway, so gross errors should be
short-lived).

If I knew SQL I'd take a crack at it (might be a good incentive to learn ;)

Thanks for the comments, -Mike G.