[mythtv-users] Enhancement idea: Warning in OSD whendiskis g etting full

Mike Grusin mgrusin at comcast.net
Tue Mar 21 03:25:40 UTC 2006

Guy Dawson sez:
> Just to add my two pence worth...
>
> Would there be a way of predicting disk space exhaustion.  The
> system knows
> what you've asked it to record, should be able to estimate the amount of
> space required. Obviously it could not easily go beyond the available
> listing (although some shows are pretty uniform in their broadcast
> patterns), but it might be useful if one was going to be away from the
> machine for some time (holidays etc).

Along these lines, I was recently wondering if it were possible/practical to
add a frontend page which lists only the programs which will autoexpire,
soonest on top, with (using the same mechanism that Guy mentions), a
predicted time of deletion ("in six hours" etc.).

I know that you can check the free disk space in system status, the upcoming
recordings, and the bottom of the All Programs view to get a rough idea of
when things will be leaving, but a predicted time-to-live would be a nice
feature.

-Mike G.