[mythtv-users] DVB-T tzap versus mythtv 0.19

Doug Scoular dscoular at cisco.com
Fri Mar 10 05:28:29 UTC 2006

Hi All,

Kevin wrote:

> There are a number of fixes in the 0.19-fixes branch for these types of
> issues (LiveTV filename changing). Are you running from that branch or
> the stock 0.19 release?
>
> Kevin

    I think this thread is getting a little mixed up with Craig's question
    about slow channel changing. As I said slow channel changing
    is not as big a concern for me... it's the reliability of tuning
    with DVB-T and the use of BER and UNC that I'm interested in.
    I'm running a single box frontend/master backend. I think Craig's
    set up is more complex.

    A group of us wind up with empty recordings due to DVB-T
    tuning failures... we had flawless tuning on 0.18.1.

    That said, however, I will try installing the 0.19-fixes release. I
    had hoped an official 0.19.1 would hit the streets before I had to
    do this. I'm also going to go through the source and try and figure
    out how tuning has changed between 0.18.1 and 0.19.

    Any pointers or thoughts much appreciated.

    Cheers,

    Doug