[mythtv-users] DVB-T tzap versus mythtv 0.19

Matthew Geier matthew at sleeper.apana.org.au
Fri Mar 10 13:00:16 UTC 2006

Doug Scoular wrote:

>     I think this thread is getting a little mixed up with Craig's question
>     about slow channel changing. As I said slow channel changing
>     is not as big a concern for me... it's the reliability of tuning
>     with DVB-T and the use of BER and UNC that I'm interested in.
>     I'm running a single box frontend/master backend. I think Craig's
>     set up is more complex.
>
>     A group of us wind up with empty recordings due to DVB-T
>     tuning failures... we had flawless tuning on 0.18.1.

  I've got a DNTV-Live and that works fine under 0.19. (In Sydney)
Channel changing/ startup could be faster, but thats not a major
concern. (Don't watch much 'live' TV).
  I have a Nova-T at work, but that machine is multicast streaming the
transport streams onto our LAN..

  I'm having absolutely no backend/tuning problems. Can't say the same
for the front end, which now randomly crashes. Often it takes 3 or 4
front end restarts to watch a movie. I've taken to setting a bookmark
every couple of minutes so I don't have to fast forward that far when
the next front end crash occurs. (Fedora Core 4, ATRPMS). It's kinda
hard to debug as I can't actually read the text in the terminal windows
via TV out - i'm using composite TV out, so the xterm text is very fuzzy.