[mythtv-users] PVR-500

Intense Red intnsred at golgotha.net
Fri Mar 3 17:48:37 UTC 2006

 > Can anyone give me some feedback on their experiences with the PVR-500 for
 > MythTV?  Any comparisons between it and the PVR-350?

   I have a box with both in it.  It has been said that the PVR-500's video
quality isn't quite as high as the 350.  IMHO, that's probably true (though
it's not a significant difference); I'm not knowledgeable enough to know
whether it's a real hardware difference or just the IVTV drivers (500 support
is newer in the driver).  So if you're really fussy about quality, that might
be a factor.

   The 350 has a remote and TV Out built into it, so those may factor into
your decision.

   For me, if I didn't need those 2 features and had to choose only one card,
I wouldn't hesitate to go with the 500.  Having two tuners is definitely
nice.

--
While we sit comfortably using our computers, soldiers paid for with our taxes
are killing and torturing innocent people half a world away in order to steal