[mythtv-users] PVR-500

Nathan Howell nathan at atdot.ca
Fri Mar 3 23:35:14 UTC 2006

nathan at nathannelson.net wrote:
> Can anyone give me some feedback on their experiences with the PVR-500 for
> MythTV?  Any comparisons between it and the PVR-350?  I would like to buy
> one, but I'm not sure if the 500 is going to do the trick.
>
> Thanks, Mythers.
>
> Nathan

I recently added a pvr500 to my mythbox... was easy to get going since I
was already running a pvr250. I have two problems with it though.

1) The picture quality on the 500 just isn't as good as the 250,
especially on some channels. For now, I've given the 250 a higher
priority to get most recordings to happen on it.

2) The volume on the 500 is quite a bit higher than the 250. This is
annoying, and I sure hope some sort of tuner-specific volume adjustment
makes it in to myth at some point.

Nathan