[mythtv-users] Audio in one channel only

Bryan Bennetts bbennetts at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Jun 28 08:19:38 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 28 Jun 2006 08:23, Owen Mehegan wrote:
> I'm feeing audio to my mythtv system using the RCA outputs from my
> Motorola cable box. When I play back MP3s, or watch TV normally
> (using coax from the cable box straight to my TV), I hear normal
> stereo sound. When I watch live TV using my myth system, I get sound
> only in one channel.
>
> I've checked my mixer settings and they APPEAR to be OK. I'm
> capturing through line in and the left/right channel sliders are
> locked to the same level. I do notice that if I unmute the line
> input, so that I can hear the "live" TV audio (even when mythfrontend
> isn't running), I hear it in both channels. It seems to just be that
> when I mute it, and watch TV through myth, that I get only one.
>
> I've flipped through all manner of audio settings in and out of
> mythtv and not come up with a reason for this. Anyone have any ideas?
> Thanks!

Hmm, I had a similar problem a while ago and it was down to an alsa bug - IIRC
it was something to do with only one channel being moved when shifting the
input from mic to line in (or something like that). Here's the thread....

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/191731?search_string=bryan%20alsa;#191731