[mythtv-users] Questions: 2nd backend; PVR350 + HD3000; HD

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Fri Jun 23 18:48:26 UTC 2006

I've been running myth for couple years now and everything is great.
Right now I'm running Myth 0.19 on FC5, with a PVR350 and PVR250. I also
use a couple MediaMVP 1000's. I'm going to get some things from a friend
of mine, including another PVR350 and an HD3000 card plus antenna. I'd
like to setup a slave backend, that will also be a frontend in my Home
Theater. I read through Jarod's HD section, but I still have some
questions.

I assume the PVR350 will be setup just like the ones in my primary
backend. I'll use the HD3000 card for recording/watching OTA HD. As for
playing the HD content I have an InFocus projector that the manual
claims does:
1080i, 1035i and 720P

It uses a component to SVideo adapter for the connection. The component
to SVideo converter is using 7 pins and not just 4. I've read already
that HD cannot be sent over a standard SVideo cable.

1) So, does the fact that it's 7 pins make the difference?

2) If so, how do I get output from the PC to component, so I can then
use the above converter to SVideo? What kind of card and additional
conversion would I need? Will it even work?

3) Assuming this somehow does work, will I be able to play standard
MPEG2 recordings from the PVR350 using the same output? Obviously it
won't be HD, but will the output to the projector still work?

Thanks,
James