Andrew Harteveldt andrew at harteveldt.com
Fri Jun 23 17:42:23 UTC 2006

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the mail.  I'm actually an avid visitor to mp3car.com and have
been for the last 3 years.  What I failed to point out is that I do have an
XM PCR.  Based on some of the responses that I've received I am assuming
that no integration of XM receivers has been done with Myth yet.  I'm VERY
new to Myth, so sorry if I'm repeating any posts.   For those that are
interested in a hardware solution, mp3car.com will provide you with a
variety of mods that can be performed on XM devices to enable them to
connect to a USB / serial port.

Interestingly enough, no XM devices come with digital outputs.  Fortunately
there are solutions for that too.  With very small modifications, I've added
a TOSLINK adapter to my XM PCR that enables me to have digital out.  This is
great as the DAC on a lot of the XM devices are poor quality to say the
least.  The increase in sound quality is staggering.

I've found an app by Michael Minn that is basically a Linux XM controller
written in C++.  I would think that some small development would enable this
to be integrated with Myth.  I've not done any development now for some
years, but I guess I can give this a go once I get my Myth box up and
running!

http://www.michaelminn.com/index.php?linux/mmxmpcr/README.html

Thanks

Andrew