[mythtv-users] Help! Auto-expiring programs

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 16:49:57 UTC 2006

On 6/20/06, Kevin Kuphal <kuphal at dls.net> wrote:
> Max episodes is not controlled by auto-expire.  Auto-expire kicks in for
> low disk space situations.  Max episode checking works regardless of
> auto expiration (as I understand it).  That being said, if your schedule
> truly is set to "don't record when max episodes is reached" and not
> "record new and expire old", then something strange indeed is going on.

This is definitely a strange one - I will have to keep an eye on the
situation; the problem with the scheduler is that if you set max
episodes = 1 (for example), it will still try to record every episode
if there is not 1 already present in the list of current recordings.
So, if you have 2 episodes back to back, but a max set to 1, before
the first episode is recorded, the scheduler will still plan to record
2 (until the first episode is recorded)... only then will it cancel
the second recording.

I will have to keep monitoring this.

> As I recall, there is no "OFF" for "record new and expire old" but
> rather a choice between the two options I listed.  Are you sure that's
> the case?

Actually, I was referring to the options presented in the MythWeb
interface... by "OFF" I meant that that particular checkbox was empty.