[mythtv-users] Help! Auto-expiring programs

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Wed Jun 21 04:36:02 UTC 2006

kanetse at gmail.com wrote:
> I am running MythTV-0.19-fixes on Fedora Core 5.
>
> MythTV seems to be auto-expiring programs that have a limit set on
> them; and I don't know why.  I have explicity checked that auto-expire
> is not set; and confirmed this within the mythconverg database.
> However, it is still deleting the show.
>
> Example:
>
> 2006-06-20 11:00:20.885 autoexpire: Expired program: Expiring "Star
> Trek: Deep Space Nine" from Tue Jun 20 09:59:00 2006, too many
> episodes.
>
> Now, I set this show to record at "any time on any channel" and I set
> "max episodes" to be 1; but "record new and expire old" is explicity
> set to OFF and so is "auto-expire".

Max episodes is not controlled by auto-expire.  Auto-expire kicks in for
low disk space situations.  Max episode checking works regardless of
auto expiration (as I understand it).  That being said, if your schedule
truly is set to "don't record when max episodes is reached" and not
"record new and expire old", then something strange indeed is going on.
As I recall, there is no "OFF" for "record new and expire old" but
rather a choice between the two options I listed.  Are you sure that's
the case?

Kevin