[mythtv-users] Washed-out areas in video output

Nathan Smith nsmith5 at umbc.edu
Wed Jun 21 17:03:07 UTC 2006

Hello everyone,

When I play TV (live) in myth on my 24 dell LCD monitor, the white/light
areas bleed into one another. It sounds like a contrast or brightness
issue, but the black areas are not overly black (they look about right),
and skin tones look perfect. Also, when I watch live tv with my normal old
tv (using the tv-out port on my video card), the image looks fine.

I tried changing the contrast on my monitor, and it just made the whole
image more grey, with the same washed-out effects that I was experiencing.
Could these washed-out areas be a function of XvMC (I heard XvMC is broken
in 0.19 anyway?), or is it caused by a setting I'm not aware of, or are
LCD monitors just not that great for watching tv with myth? Thanks

Nate