[mythtv-users] improve frontend usability: FWD and REW

come se fosse antani antani at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 10:46:05 UTC 2006

Hi.
I would to suggest a feature that - I think - cam improve frontend
usability ad permit also
using a more simpy remote (W.A.F.? more apple style?).

As we know, mythtv has more type of FFWD / RWD, e.g. in order to skip
commercial or to go fast / slow forward and so on. Each of this type
of commands (any of them useful) needs a specific button on our
remote, for both FWD and RWD.

My suggestion is to use a sort of OSD which let you to choose the kind
of FWD you want to use.

in order to limit the issues with my poor english, I describe the step:
1. I'm looking a recorded show
2. I want to FWD and I press one button, the "FWD Button"
3. A tiny osd menu appears and let me choose which type of FWD I want
to use (fast, slow, commercial break, etc)
4. With cursor buttons (up,down,right,left) I choose the function and
I give the FWD command
5. myth could also remember the last type of FWD I used and suggest me
to use it for the
next times

a 2nd approach could be:
A "type toggle button" with them I can switch between the different
types of FWD I could
use, and I want to. after selecting, I can simply use ONE button to do FWD.

It's possible? it's easy to implement?
there is some CONS I don't see?

my 0.2 cents