[mythtv-users] improve frontend usability: FWD and REW

Brian Meehan emt244671 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 06:39:07 UTC 2006

I also had an idea that I thought I might poke around the source code
to see if I could pull off, and it's similar to your idea.

Currently, if you start entering numbers, Mythfrontend thinks that you
are entering a channel number... not likely if you're watching a
recorded show. I thought that it would be helpful if I could enter
2-4-0-FWD and have it fast forward 240 seconds, or 4 minutes. Same
thing for reverse. What do you think? Might be less intrusive than a
menu. The existing functionality of the FFWD key would remain the
same.