[mythtv-users] mytharchive errors

David Petticrew david at petticrew.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Jul 27 23:53:02 UTC 2006

mythtv-users.mythtv.org at tgice.com wrote:
> David Petticrew wrote:
>> I can't seem to get mytharchive to compile. I'm using the lastest svn
>> version of mythtv, PCLinuxOS and I think I've installed all the correct
>> dependencies. Here's the error I'm getting when I run make
>>
>> /opt/mythtv-svn/lib/libmythtv-0.19.so: undefined reference to
>> `av_crc04C11DB7'
>> /opt/mythtv-svn/lib/libmythtv-0.19.so: undefined reference to `av_crc'
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> make[1]: *** [mytharchivehelper] Error 1
>> make[1]: Leaving directory
>> `/home/david/mythtv/mytharchive/mytharchivehelper'
>> make: *** [sub-mytharchivehelper] Error 2
>>
>> Can anyone point me in the right direction?
>
> I'm not positive, but I think that it looks like you're old install
> (0.19) of Myth might still be around somewhere.  I'd do a "make
> uninstall" or whatever you can to make sure those libraries are actually
> removed.
>
> When I was doing my recent SVN push (mostly to get MythArchive working),
> I ran into some problems like that, I think.

I do still have my 0.19 around. I'm actually still running it. I tend to
be very cautious about upgrades, so I install the new version to a new
directory, while keeping the old one in the original directory. Then
when I have everything running as I want it, then I switch my startup
scripts to point to the new directory.

Does this mean I can't do this, that the two versions won't co-exist on
the same system, even in separate directories?

Thanks
David Petticrew