[mythtv-users] mytharchive errors

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jul 28 03:56:33 UTC 2006

On 07/27/06 19:53, David Petticrew wrote:

>mythtv-users.mythtv.org at tgice.com wrote:
>

>>David Petticrew wrote:
>>

>>>I can't seem to get mytharchive to compile.
>>>
>>I'm not positive, but I think that it looks like you're old install
>>(0.19) of Myth might still be around somewhere.
>>
>I do still have my 0.19 around. I'm actually still running it. I tend to
>be very cautious about upgrades, so I install the new version to a new
>directory, while keeping the old one in the original directory. Then
>when I have everything running as I want it, then I switch my startup
>scripts to point to the new directory.
>
>Does this mean I can't do this, that the two versions won't co-exist on
>the same system, even in separate directories?

It's possible to compile them both on the same system, but you'll need a
pretty good understanding of the tool chain to get it to work.

However (and far more importantly), once you run the SVN version, your
database will be permanently upgraded to the SVN version, and you will
/not/ be able to run 0.19-fixes again (unless you restore a backup that
you made before the upgrade).

My recommendation is to stick with 0.19-fixes and wait patiently for
0.20 (with MythArchive) to be released by your packager and upgrade
then.  It shouldn't be too long before 0.20 is released.

Mike