[mythtv-users] Sanity check before I upgrade

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 14:12:22 UTC 2006

> FC4 is scheduled to go into maintenance mode very soon. And currently
> FC4 and FC5 are kernel-wise almost identical, so whatever hits you on
> FC5 does so on FC4, too.
>
> Since the pain is the same I'd recommend going FC5. You will postpone
> a future upgrade for 6-9 months.

I tried FC5 but found one major difference - the FC5 repo doesn't have
nvidia less than 8178. I can only get TV-OUT on 7676 or less. This has
been an on-going problem for ages which I have not been able to fix
and which seemed to stump people on the nvidia mailling list as well.

So I'm glad I took a big backup as I'm going to restore to FC3 for now
and try again another time, but with FC4 next time which I notice has
7676.

Regards,
Phill