[mythtv-users] Graphics card recomendation

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 14:32:31 UTC 2006

<HUGE snip>
On 8/30/06, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
> drive it. :) I imagine the difference is comparable to listening to
> an SA-CD and a DVD-Audio disc. I have both of these and I can't
> determine which is "better" resolution without googling for the
> answer, but they are both much better than a regular CD (which would
> be Standard Def TV in this analogy).

The problem with the SACD/DVDA analogy is that both of those offer the
same "resolution" in the end (minus the whole mathematical flaw with
SACD).  And, the medium the audio is delivered on has much less impact
than the recording, processing and mastering process that goes on
before it even gets compressed to either of these formats...

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!