[mythtv-users] invert a cutlist

Daniel Walton dwalton at cisco.com
Fri Aug 18 14:44:02 UTC 2006

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006, Jack Lowry wrote:

> Around the time .17 came out there was a discussion about inverting a
> cutlist.
>
> My kids where recently in a TV commercial that I'd like to view,
> unfortunately I don't know when the commercial airs.
> Up to the this point I've been recording the shows and channels that the
> commercial is slotted for and then fast forwarding through the show.
>
> I'd like to be able to just watch the commercials.
>
> Supposedly there was an invert option in CVS for or around .17, is this
> still around and useable?

I haven't used it but try pressing "I"

- E or M enters/exits edit mode.
  - The left and right keys move forward and backward.
  - The up and down arrow keys alter the amount of time you jump forward and
    backward.  Increments are: nearest cutpoint, nearest video keyframe,
    1 frame, 0.5 seconds, 1 second, 20 seconds, 1 minute, 5 minutes, and
    10 minutes.
  - The page up and down keys move forward and backward to the nearest cut
    point.
  - The < or comma and > or period keys move forward or backward by 10 times
    the normal jump amount.
  - Space/Enter allows you to set or delete a cut point.
  - 'Z' loads the commercial skip list (if one exists) into the cutlist.
  - 'C' and 'Q' clear all cut points in the cutlist.
  - 'I' inverts the cutlist.

- X queues the current recording for transcoding.
- O brings up menu to allow toggling settings such as Commercial Auto-Skip,
    Auto-Expire, etc.
- D exits the current recording and displays the Delete menu for it.

Daniel