[mythtv-users] Help Diskless frontend

Aran Cox spin667 at mchsi.com
Mon Oct 31 10:43:54 EST 2005

On Mon, Oct 31, 2005 at 11:18:55AM +0000, Adam Skinner wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I would like to setup a diskless mythtv frontend. I have a working
> gentoo based installation working so far (pxe loader , nfs share based
> kernel) , but this sucks for mythfrontend.
>
> I noticed in an earlier post, someone mentioned they had something
> similar using knoppymyth. Please could you explain a bit more in
> detail.
>
> Any other suggesstions?? Im thinking ramdisk may help.

How is anyone going to help you fix anything if you don't explain
what's wrong?  In fact, you have subsequent posters wondering if
there's something wrong with disk-less setups in general based on your
condemnation of them as "sucks for mythfrontend."  Talk about vague.
For the record, I've used disk-less/nfs-root frontends before and I'm
setting one up now using FC4 and I expect it will work flawlessly (and
quietly, once the drive is removed and the fans are undervolted.)

Aran