[mythtv-users] Help Diskless frontend

Ben Dash ben_dash at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 31 10:27:59 EST 2005

Adam,

Why do you think that your current gentoo nfs share
based diskless sucks for mythfrontend.  My xBox is an
NFS rooted diskless and it seems to work great as a
frontend now that I finally have everything
configured.  My only current problem is to figure out
how to get lirc to recognise the DVD remote and to
figure out how to change the colour of the xBox LED.

I'm planning on converting my nfs root to read only
and once I do that I think I'll be very happy.

Please let me know,

Thanks,

Ben

--- Adam Skinner <kingmoffa at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I would like to setup a diskless mythtv frontend. I
> have a working
> gentoo based installation working so far (pxe loader
> , nfs share based
> kernel) , but this sucks for mythfrontend.
>
> I noticed in an earlier post, someone mentioned they
> had something
> similar using knoppymyth. Please could you explain a
> bit more in
> detail.
>
> Any other suggesstions?? Im thinking ramdisk may
> help.

|Ben Dash                                           |
|Ask free questions - http://bensqanda.blogspot.com |
|My Blog -    http://bensdailythoughts.blogspot.com |
|Info -  http://bensinformationstation.blogspot.com |
|Workouts -        http://bensworkouts.blogspot.com |